This hearty bread is quick and easy to make in the Vibe Blender System. It tastes a lot like a whole-wheat bread but it's actually gluten free. It’s also grain-free, nut free, and dairy free and is impressively low in carbs, and high in omega 3 fatty acids and fibre.
Flaxseed bread comes together with few ingredients – whole flax (or aka linseed), eggs, oil and water. There’s no soaking, no kneading, no rising. Just throw all the ingredients in the jug and blend for 50 seconds – it’s really that simple and a great alternative to our popular blender nut and seed loaf.
This bread has a cake-like texture that tastes wonderful with butter or nut butter, (see our homemade peanut, almond butter and healthy Nutella). It’s also perfect with homemade cream cheese, whole egg blender mayonnaise and pesto. The possibilities are endless! It also toasts well.
Because flaxseed absorb a lot of liquid, it’s best to work fast. Have all the ingredients measured and your loaf pan prepared ready to go before you add any ingredients to the blender jug.
1 cup of water
1 teaspoon of maple syrup or honey
2 cups of whole golden flaxseed (linseed)
1 ½ teaspoons of baking powder
1/3 cup melted butter or mild tasting oil such as avocado oil
2 teaspoons lemon juice or apple cider vinegar
½ teaspoon of salt
1. Preheat the oven to 180 C / 350 F.
2. Line a small loaf tin with baking paper
3. Add all the ingredients into the Vibe blender jug in the order listed.
4. Insert the tamper tool into the lid and secure it on the jug.
5. Blend on ‘nut’ mode, while rotating the tamper tool for approx. 50 seconds. The ingredients will quickly thicken and became difficult to blend.
6. Scoop the batter into the loaf pan and smooth out the top with a wet spatula.
7. Bake for 50-60 minutes
8. Allow to cool completely before slicing.
9. Once cooled, slice and store sealed in the fridge for up to a week or freeze for several months.