Liquid error: Could not find asset snippets/simple-preorder-bootstrap.liquid
Healthy eating doesn’t have to mean sacrificing your families favourite comfort foods. Many classics, like banana bread can be made gluten, grain, dairy and refined sugar free and still taste irresistibly delicious!
When you substitute conventional flour for almonds and ditch refined sugar you get a nutritionally superior banana bread that is loaded with vitamins, minerals and fibre. Ripe bananas provide so much natural sweetness that adding additional sweetener is completely optional.
We start with whole raw almonds, pulsed for a few seconds to crush them, then add all the other whole ingredients into the Vibe blender jug and blitz for 30 seconds. It’s that easy! The Vibe Blender System is seriously the most satisfyingly quick way to whip up a smooth fluffy batter with effortless prep.
This no-fuss, no-fail blender banana bread is deliciously hearty, guaranteed moist tender and gut-loving. Enjoy it plain, spread it with butter or a drizzle of honey. For a real treat, try it with homemade almond butter or homemade healthy ‘Nutella’.
We’re confident this no-fail blender banana bread will become one of your most often made recipes. It’s a great paleo cake that’s forgiving, versatile, and always delicious! Use this simple recipe as a base and then fold in complimentary add-ins such as chocolate chips, chopped nuts, blueberries, raspberries, or anything else you can think of. The batter also makes wonderful muffins! It’s a kid-approved gem!
3 cups of whole almonds (preferably activated)
3-4 ripe bananas
1-2 tablespoons raw honey (optional)
2 teaspoons of vanilla
90 grams of coconut oil or butter - melted
¾ teaspoon baking soda
Pinch of salt
Optional add-ins (fold in after blending)
¾ cup dark chocolate chips
½ cup chopped walnuts or pecans
½ teaspoon of ground cinnamon
½ cup raisins or dried fruit of your choice
1 cup of fresh or frozen & defrosted berries
1. Preheat oven to 170ºC / 340ºF
2. Line a loaf tin with baking paper.
3. Place the whole almonds into the blender jug.
4. ‘Pulse’ the nuts 4-5 times until they are crushed into small pieces.
5. Add all the remaining ingredients to the blender jug.
6. Insert the tamper into the lid and secure it on.
7. Blend on 'Nut' mode, using the tamper to help push the ingredients down into the blades, for approx. 30 seconds or until the ingredients are a smooth batter.
8. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf tin.Tip: Because the combination of almond flour and honey can burn easily we recommend laying a piece of baking paper over the batter.
9. Bake for 45 minutes or until the centre springs back when you touch it.
10. Turn tout on a wire rack.
11. Enjoy the bread warm or cool.
12. Store in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 6 days.