Liquid error: Could not find asset snippets/simple-preorder-bootstrap.liquid
Making your own nut butters is such a great way to make use of those extra nuts and seeds laying around in the pantry. The Vibe blender turns nuts and seeds into the best, spreadable paste in no time. Whether you like it crunchy or smooth or somewhere in between there’s no limits here.
Adding some extra seeds to your classic peanut butter is a great way to pack some additional protein into your diet. Plus, it adds loads of flavour which is the most important part!
500g/3 cups raw peanuts
2 Tbsp/20g pepitas
2 Tbsp/20g sunflower seeds
1 Tbsp/10 g chia seeds
1Tbsp/10g sesame seeds
Pinch of salt
1. Spread the peanuts onto a baking tray and place into the oven for around 15 minutes at 180.
2. Set them aside to cool until warm and remove skins.
3. Add the seeds to the blender jug and pulse on nut mode until roughly broken up. Remove and set aside.
4. Add the peanuts to the blender jug and insert the tamp into the lid.
5. Blend on nut mode for a few minutes at a time using the tamp to push the peanuts into the blades. Scrape down the sides every few minutes. Blend until smooth and glossy.
6. Add the seed mix back in with the peanut butter and pulse briefly to mix through.
7. Pour the nut butter into a sterilised jar and let it cool completely.
8. Store in a cool dark place for 3-4 weeks.