Liquid error: Could not find asset snippets/simple-preorder-bootstrap.liquid
Are you looking for a healthy breakfast cereal to compliment your homemade yoghurt in the mornings? Then look no further. This grain free, nut cluster muesli is packed with healthy fat, vitamins, antioxidants and fibre. Served with homemade yogurt, it is a super nutritious start to the day.
Nut cluster muesli is also a great trail mix. Perfect for that 3pm pick-me-up!
There’s no doubt that nuts are good for you as well as being delicious, but did you know that nuts can be tricky to digest? Nuts actually contain toxins that can cause quite a lot of digestive irritation. It’s only when nuts are activated that they can truly share all of their power food goodness.
Activated nuts are nuts that have been left to soak in salted, warm water for a time, then left to slowly dry back to a crispy state. Watch how here. Think of activation as simply washing away all the nasty stuff and, leaving you with pure, nutty goodness. The best thing is; nuts actually taste better when they are activated. Your taste buds and your gut will thank you!
High heat destroys the innate goodness of nuts so, after activation, slowly dehydrating them is the best way to return them to their original crispness while retaining all the nutrients. It takes a while but it’s worth the wait! Muesli has never tasted so good. You can try a slow oven but the Breeze food dehydrator guarantees perfect, crispy muesli each and every time! No-one likes burnt nuts.
2 cups raw almonds
2 cups of raw macadamias
1 cup pepitas
2 teaspoons of Himalayan salt
2 teaspoons of cinnamon
1 cup organic raisins
1/3 cup water
1 cup shredded coconut
2 tablespoons coconut oil
1 tablespoon of raw honey or maple syrup (optional depending on your sweet tooth)
1. Place the almonds, macadamias and pepitas in a large ceramic or glass bowl.
2. Fill the bowl with warm water, sprinkle with salt and leave to soak for at least 8 hours or overnight.
3. After the soak, pour the nuts and seeds into a colander; rinse well and leave to drain.
4. Add the raisins and water to a small saucepan and bring to a simmer. Stir continuously until the raisins are plump and half of the water has evaporated.
5. Remove from the heat and add the coconut oil, cinnamon and honey.
6. Add approx. a quarter of the nuts and the raisin mixture into the blender vibe system jug. Press the 'Pulse' function until the nuts are reduced to a coarse crumb.
7. Pour the crushed nuts into a large mixing bowl. Use a spatula to scoop the nuts out from under the blades.
8. Repeat the process in batches until all the nuts and raisin mixture is done.
9. Add the shredded coconut and mix well to incorporate.
10. Spoon the mixture out onto 3 Breeze dehydrator trays lined with silicon mesh sheets.
11. Set the temperature to 60°C / 140°F and the time to 10 hours to check in. If the nuts are not thoroughly dried, leave on for extra time.
NOTE: It is important that the muesli is completely dry and crisp for storing. Moist nuts may go mouldy! Nut cluster muesli will stay fresh for months in an air-tight container.