Liquid error: Could not find asset snippets/simple-preorder-bootstrap.liquid
Move over peanut and almond butter, we’ve got the ultimate nut butter experience to mix up your repertoire. Pecan, walnut and almond is a nutritious, high-protein blend that is full of rich, nutty flavour. It’s 100% nut, oil free, preservative free, sugar free and awesome!
With the Vibe Blender System, making fresh nut butter at home has never been easier. Making your own nut butter allows you to experiment with different combinations of nuts, get creative with fun mix-ins, control the texture and save money. Add a dash of ground cinnamon or coconut sugar and transform the basic blend into a gourmet nut-lovers festive spread.
We used a total of 4 cups of nuts but leaned heavier on almonds (the oiliest nut in the trio) to round out the flavour and improve the texture. This combination is tasty with raw nuts but roasting the nuts first enhances their flavour and guarantees a bolder taste and aroma. Roasting also releases the natural oils that help break down the nuts while blending. In under 3 minutes you’ll get a deliciously creamy and buttery nut spread that required no additional oil.
Apart from spreading, pecan, walnut & almond butter can be used in many ways. It’s an excellent thickener and plant-based protein boost in smoothies and smoothie bowls, a tasty addition to overnight oats and breakfast jars and lovely added to baked goods. Pecan, walnut & almond butter is a standout at Christmas. Bonus tip, mix in some maple syrup, cinnamon and a pinch of cloves for a delicious festive drizzle.
2 cups raw almonds
1 cup pecans
1 cup walnuts
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon of ground cinnamon
1-2 teaspoons of coconut sugar
1. Optional - to roast the nuts:
Stove top: Toss the nuts in a pan over a medium heat for 5-10 minutes. Shake the pan occasionally or stir with a wooden spoon so the nuts don’t burn.
Oven: spread the nuts on a tray in a single layer. Roast at 180C/350F for 5-10 minutes or until fragrant and golden brown.
2. If using the Vibe Blender System Stainless-steel jug, the nuts may be blended right away. Let the nuts cool to room temperature before blending in the Vibe plastic jug.
3. Once the nuts are in the blender jug, place the tamper in the lid and select nut mode. Turn the blender on and use the tamper to push the nuts in to the blade in a circular motion. Pause the blender after 15 second.
4. Stop and open the jug. Use the spatula to scrape down the sides and the inside of the lid.
5. Place the jug back on the base with the lid and tamper inserted. Use the tamper to push the mixture in to the blades for another 15 seconds. Again, stop scrape down the sides and the inside of the lid. Once the oils are released the mixture will go from nut flour to a sticky paste
6. Stop and open the jug. Scrape down under the blades with a butter knife to remove the compacted dry nut mixture.
7. Place the jug back on the base with the lid and tamper inserted and blend (pushing down and rotating the tamper) for a further 1-2 minutes until you have your desired nut butter consistency. We deliberately left ours slightly crunchy.
Note: The Vibe Blender jug has a built-in thermostat. The Blender will switch off if the plastic jug overheats. The Stainless-steel jug will only blend on ‘soup’ mode when the contents are very hot.
8. Lastly, add your flavour add-ins (optional) then blend for a few more seconds to combine.
9. Transfer the nut butter into a clean glass jar. Store in a dark cool place for 2 weeks or keep in the fridge for a month.The nut oil may separate on top. Stir well to incorporate before use.