Liquid error: Could not find asset snippets/simple-preorder-bootstrap.liquid
If you are in the mood to bake and have some apples staring at you from the fruit bowl that need to be used up, we highly recommend making these simple blender muffins. Thanks to doubling up on apples (one blended, one diced) they’re moist, tender and delicious. Topped with a delightful sweet and crunchy crumb they are oh so yum!
The key to this simple blender batter is a mixture of freshly ground almond flour, coconut flour and tapioca flour which guarantees great texture to homemade gluten and grain-free baking. There’s no refined sugar in them and they are packed with good fats and everything nutrient dense for a healthy snack.
Makes: 10 muffins
1/3 cup whole almonds or nut of your choice (pecans are yummy)
1 tablespoon of desiccated coconut
1 tablespoon of refined coconut oil or butter (soft or melted)
2 tablespoons of coconut sugar
¼ teaspoon of ground cinnamon
Pinch of salt
1/3 cup refined coconut oil (soft or melted)
1 tablespoon of lemon juice
2 teaspoons of vanilla
1 cup of almond flour
¼ cup coconut flour
¼ cup tapioca flour
½ cup of coconut sugar
2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
Pinch of ground cloves
2 teaspoons of baking powder
¼ teaspoon of salt
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C / 350°F.
2. Line a muffin tray with 10 paper muffin cases
3. Add the nuts to the Vibe Blender jug. Secure the lid on and blend on ‘nut’ mode for approx. 10 seconds or until they are a coarse crumb.
4. Tip the nuts into a medium sized bowl.
5. Add all the remaining crumble ingredients and mix together until well combined.
6. Set aside while you make the batter.
7. Peel the apples, slice into quarters and cut away the core. Place one apple into the Vibe blender jug. Dice the second apple and set aside.
8. Add all of the batter ingredients into the blender jug in the order listed.
9. Secure the lid on then blend on ‘smoothie’ mode for 30 seconds. You may need to stop once and scrap down the sides of the jug.
10. Add the chopped apple to the jug and fold into the batter with a spatula.
11. Pour (or spoon) the batter into the cases, distributing the apple chunks evenly.
12. Sprinkle the crumb on top.
13. Place the tray into the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
14. Enjoy warm or cold.
15. Store sealed in a cool place for up to 5 days.
If you make this, or any of our recipes, we would love to see your creations. Leave us a comment, or tag a photo using #luvelelife on Instagram.